Italy’s financial regulatory body CONSOB said on Monday it has received warning notices from the supervisory authorities in the UK, Denmark, and Ireland regarding a number of companies that are offering investment services without having been issued the required authorization.
Many of the nine entities claim to have headquarters in different countries and, in fact, some have already been reported by the authorities of other countries, where they target citizens.
The UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) warns against five entities:
- RK Trading/Roland Kemeny, operating via the www.rolandkemeny.com
- Carter Flanagan Limited/Carter Flanagan Private Asset Management – www.carterflanagan.com
- Brooks and Fisher Associates – www.brooksandfisherassociates.com
- Inris Ucits Fund – www.inris.co.uk
- Guardian Asset Management
Some of these companies have been copying the details, brands and activities of UK-registered forex brokers.
The Danish Financial Authority (DFSA) has warned against three entities which improperly have been offering financial services. These are:
- Labanna Capital Management – www.labannacapitalmgmt.com
- Hartvig Invest and – www.hartvig-invest.com
- Private Partners & Associates – www.pp-associates.com, respectively.
Meanwhile, the Central Bank of Ireland has issued a warning against Japan’s Motoyagi and Associates.
Our research shows that of these companies Carter Flanagan Limited/Carter Flanagan Private Asset Management is the only one to claim to offer forex trading services. Atleast three of the websites, these of Brooks and Fisher Associates, Inris Ucits Fund, and Hartvig Invest, are not operating and claim to be under construction. The remaining companies offer investment advisory and equity management services, cash and hedge funds investments, and other financial products and instruments.
We strongly advise you to only deal with regulated forex brokers, authorized by reputable regulatory bodies like CySec, FCA, and CFTC/NFA, among others.