Financial comparisons provider Bankr.nl released an intriguing set of data disclosing that 830 433 bitcoin is held by only ten companies, with the first position held by Grayscale. The total worth of this massive collection is approximately $15 billion.
Out of these 10 companies, 6 originate from the United States. The other four giants are from Canada, Switzerland, Germany, and the UK.
The US companies include:
- the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust holds 2.43% of the total BTC supply or 509 581 bitcoin valued at $9.27 billion.
- Block.one, holding 140 000 bitcoin worth a total of $2.59 billion.
- Microstrategy with 38 250 BTC, or $707.62 million
- Galaxy Digital Holdings has a total of 16 651 in bitcoin, equaling $308.08 million.
- the Stone Ridge Holdings Group with a total number of 10 889 bitcoins that are worth $201.44 million
- Square Inc. with a total bitcoin collection of 4709, or $87.44 million.
The UK based company is Coinshares/XBT. It holds a total of 69 730 bitcoin, which equals to $1.29 billion. The Swiss-based Tezos Foundation holds 24 808 bitcoins that are worth $458.94 million.
When put together, these companies own around 4% of the world’s total BTC supply.
The report by Bankr.nl revealed that the accumulation of BTC by the aforementioned companies is a sign of good fortune when taking into consideration how elusive bitcoin is to the public. Moreover, Bankr.nl claimed that the price of BTC will remain unpredictable, however, “the companies demonstrate that holding Bitcoin is less risky than not having any.”
Investment firms and technology companies based in the United States have been keen on increasing their overall bitcoin holdings. The recent interest in digital asset investments indicates that these US giants are taking advantage of the BTC limited supply.